So, you’re that type of dog-mum… you think you can do it all?
Well you definitely can! And we are here to teach you how.
Making your own bone broth is a great idea and we are here to help you along the way.
Firstly, what do you need to concoct said liquid gold…(Note: we are using chicken feet this time - but any bone is perfect!)
- 500g of chicken feet
- 4 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- Water to cover
Sounds simple enough right? So, once you have your chicken feet (Available in store) we can get simmering!
- Add chicken feet to a slow cooker or pot on the stove
- Add Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pour in enough water to just cover chicken feet
- Cook on HIGH for 1 hour then LOW for 23 hours.
- Strain broth and throw away chicken feet.
Note: Discard chicken feet, unless making into a paste.
- Let the broth cool and then place it in the fridge to set.
- After a few hours it should form a hard layer on top, scrape this off and throw it away. Underneath should be a brown jelly!
- Add a few tablespoons to your pets meal.
Your broth will keep for up to one week in the fridge. If you know you won’t get through it all in a week, pop it into ice cube trays and freeze!
Now, what’s left to do? Well, head on down to your local Pet Mince Direct store, grab some chicken feet or bones (we have designated bones for making broth - just ask our friendly team!) and get cooking. Remember you can still jump on board the bone broth train without the elbow grease and grab our pre-made bone broth in-store!